Considering whether and how to integrate local advocacy efforts into your government relations program? If not, you should be.
Success in our increasingly partisan and gridlocked environment depends on your organization’s ability to connect esoteric policy issues in Washington D.C. back to the districts and states. No matter the issue or the size and structure of your organization, telling the local story can make the difference in whether you move government your way – or whether it moves you. Find out how to tell your story from one of America's experts on advocacy.
for Developing a District-Based Advocacy Program: A step-by-step guide to creation and implementation.
In this 90-minute webinar, "Advocacy Guru" Stephanie Vance reveals a step-by-step plan for creating a district-level advocacy program that engages members of Congress in discussions about how new policies will affect local interests and the future of the community. You'll come away with practical guidance on everything from the logistics of planning events, to strategies for getting time on representatives' busy schedules.
Register today and you'll come away from this webinar with insights into:
- Assessing which district-based efforts, such as site visits, town halls, field hearings and district meetings, would work best for your situation
- Creating a step-by-step plan for developing or reviving a local program
- Integrating local advocacy into existing government relations efforts
- Setting realistic goals and benchmarks based on the resources available and the type of organization
- How successful organizations from the corporate, trade association and non-profit world develop and implement their programs
- Different strategies for top-down vs. bottom-up structures
- How to improve the effectiveness of a smaller program by matching the right advocates to key legislators
- Overcoming the barriers to advocate participation and inspiring participation
- Strategies for influencing federal agencies as well as Congress
- Applying these local tactics to state legislatures and local governments
Meet Your TrainerMeet Your Trainer
Stephanie D. Vance, the “Advocacy Guru” of Advocacy Associates, LLC, is the author of four books on advocacy: Government by the People: How to Communicate with Congress, the fabjob.com guide Get a Job on Capitol Hill, Citizens in Action: A Guide to Influencing Government and the Advocacy Handbook: A Practitioner’s Guide. She has over 20 years of experience in Congressional affairs, having worked in a prominent DC law firm, lobbied for National Public Radio and worked in various Congressional offices, holding positions as Legislative Director and Staff Director.
Who Should Listen In
This session offers essential guidance for anyone involved in grassroots or district-based advocacy including:
- Nonprofits and associations involved in grassroots
- Public affairs and grassroots professionals at corporations
- Lobbying firms and registered lobbyists
- Grassroots and community organizers
Can't attend the live session? Order the 24/7 OnDemand Recording and listen from your computer or mobile device anytime you'd like! Recordings are available approximately 48 hours after the live webinar.
BONUS: Each participant will also receive an e-workbook designed to assist in the development of a customized program for your organization.
Don't wait, now is the time to have your local advocates connect with legislators. Only they can tell the stories that demonstrate the direct local impact of policies under consideration. Register today to find out how to successfully implement or ehance your own district advocacy program.