What You'll Learn Meet Your Trainer Who Will Benefit Register
Now in its sixth year, HLOGA is no longer the novel and untried law for which people can use inexperience and uncertainty as an excuse for noncompliance. Lobbying in Washington is making a quick transition from the age of uncertainty to the age of enforcement, and along the way HLOGA is becoming the severe and hard-hitting corrective that it was originally intended to be. And while the GAO continues to vigorously audit tens of thousands of disclosure reports at random, the DoJ is coming down harder than ever on lobbyists who fail to file on time. In this webinar, the nation’s leading lobbying compliance expert walks both novice and veteran government relations professionals through the record-keeping and compliance practices necessary to save one from avoidable and potentially crippling penalties.
In this 90-minute webinar, Cleta Mitchell - a leading legal authority on HLOGA - explains what reporting is required, how to avoid DOJ probing, plus specific steps you can take immediately to pull your practices and staff into worry-free compliance. Step by step, you'll learn how to audit-proof every aspect of how lobbying information is gathered, recorded, certified and reported.
Register today and get the right answers to crucial HLOGA questions you MUST answer:
- What do HLOGA reporting rules require?
- What specific information must be gathered to prepare and file the required reports -- and how do requirements differ for firms and individual lobbyists?
- Who should maintain the records and certify and sign the reports?
- What steps must firms that employ lobbyists take to avoid liability for individual lobbyists' separate recordkeeping and reporting?
- How should firms, companies, and associations educate non-lobbyist employees to ensure enterprise-wide compliance with HLOGA's gift rules?
- What records will make it easier to comply with audit provisions?
- What is the relationship between IRS reporting and lobbying reports?
Register today to implement solid reporting practices and avoid harsh penalties and DOJ inquiry resultant of non-compliance. Plus, the live webinar includes a Q&A session that gives you a chance to ask your specific questions.
Meet Your Instructor
Cleta Mitchell, partner at Foley and Lardner is one of the nation's leading authorities on The Honest Leadership and Open Government Act of 2007. Ms. Mitchell has more than 30 years of experience in law, politics and public policy. She advises lobbying firms, law firms, corporations, nonprofit organizations, candidates, campaigns, and individuals on state and federal election and campaign finance law, and compliance issues related to lobbying, ethics and financial disclosure. Ms. Mitchell practices before the Federal Election Commission and similar federal and state enforcement agencies.
Who Will Benefit
This webinar offers essential guidance for lobbyists, lobbying firms, law firms with lobbying arms, and government relations/lobbying personnel, including:
- Government relations staff at firms, corporations and associations
- Registered lobbyists
- Lobbying firm registration managers
- Compliance managers
Don't wait, register for this in-depth compliance training session today!