ORDER NOW WHAT YOU'LL LEARN MEET YOUR TRAINING TEAM WHO WILL BENEFIT
With Washington increasingly moving at a snail’s pace, lobbyists have to know how to affect legislation at the state level and how to manage several legislative efforts in different states to be effective. But each state is its own minefield of laws and regulations, so how can you achieve your organization’s goals without running afoul of the law?
Order the recording of State Lobbying Compliance: Navigating Complexities in all 50 States. In this vital webinar, top state and local lobbying experts reveal "outside Washington" pitfalls. Whether you are new to lobbying or political activities at the state level, or are expanding into multiple states, this practical guidance helps you empower every member of your team to promote your cause without triggering compliance issues or negative publicity.
Sign up your entire team -- plus members, clients and employees -- to learn how to navigate state campaign and lobbying laws, including how to:
- Avoid common - but costly - mistakes at the state level
- Identify state-to-state differences in filing of activity reports
- Understand differing federal and state definitions of "lobbying" and "political activities" affect compliance
- Ensure compliance when lobbying in multiple states
- Handle data and records to help in the event of an audit
- Correctly classify activities as grassroots lobbying or goodwill building - and how to report them correctly at the state and/or federal level
- Register and report spending/income for lobbying organizations vs. individual lobbyists and clients
- Comply with the state restrictions on gifts and campaign contributions that don't apply at the federal level
- Minimize the consequences of violating state rules
- Learn about new and potential state lobbying & ethics law changes
Meet Your Training Team
Jason Torchinsky, Partner, HoltzmanVogelJosefiak, specializes in campaign finance, election law, lobbying disclosure and issue advocacy groups. POLITICO named Jason one of the “50 Politicos to Watch,” and in 2007, Campaigns and Elections Magazine named Jason a “Rising Star of Politics.” Jason frequently lectures on campaign finance redistricting and ethics subjects and provides commentary to the media on election related matters.
Chris Winkelman, Associate, HoltzmanVogelJosefiak, provides counsel in the areas of campaign finance and election law, lobbying and ethics compliance, and tax-exempt organizations. Prior to joining the firm, Chris served as a law clerk to Judge William A. Moorman at the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Michael Bayes, Partner, HoltzmanVogelJosefiak, has a primary focus on campaign finance and election law, lobbying and ethics compliance, and tax-exempt organizations. Before joining the firm in 2008, Michael served as Counsel and Executive Assistant to a Commissioner on the Federal Election Commission, and worked extensively on all aspects of the enforcement of federal campaign finance law.
Who Will Benefit
This webinar offers essential guidance for your entire government relations team, including:
- Federal lobbyists,state lobbyists and law firms with lobbying arms
- Government relations/lobbying personnel at corporations and associations
- Associations with grassroots/advocacy arms that work on the state level
- Corporations' issue/advocacy groups that engage in political activity at the state level
Purchase the fully-updated 2014 State Lobbying Compliance Handbook being released this April along with this webinar and save $100! Must be purchased in conjunction with the webinar.